In some cases, you might have findings or instances incorrectly grouped together under the same variation node. You can split specified finding instances to another master finding.
You can also split to the same master finding but a different variation. For example, you might have the same vulnerability found on two different assets, but these assets have different verification and remediation instructions. You can use the split findings feature to point the finding on one asset to the correct variation.
- Open a workspace.
- From the top menu, select .
- Click the project entry.
- Click the Workspaces tab.
- To switch the workspace, click the displayed workspace name, then select the workspace.
- From the finding tree, select a variation node.
- In the working area, click Split findings.
- Select one or more instances, then click Select Finding.
- Locate the master finding and click the Select button in the right-most column.
- Locate the variation and click the Select button in the right-most column.