Use projects to manage findings and information pertaining to your penetration tests and vulnerability scans.
What does a project represent?
A project often represents a single vulnerability scan or penetration test. In some cases, a project contains findings from a set of related scans or tests. For example, you might have completed penetration testing on group of web servers on the same network. You can create a separate project for each individual web server test or you can create a single project that contains all of the web server tests.
In another example, you might have an application that undergoes testing on a regular basis. Although you could separate each test into its own project, you might want to use a single project for continuous testing.
Which tasks can I accomplish in a project?
- View high-level project details, such as key dates, recent project activity, and comments added by team members.
- Assign and manage project team members.
- Assign questionnaires to gather scoping and environment information.
- Assign checklists to track project tasks.
- View findings, assets, and documents associated with the project.
- Import, manage, review, and finalize findings using a workspace.
- Add manual findings.
- Publish findings to Track.
- Generate reports on project finding data.
- Overview — View and manage project team members, dates, and questionnaires. This tab also displays high-level finding statistics.
- Documents — Upload and view files containing additional information about your projects.
- Sources — Upload and manage the raw data imported from a scanning or testing tool.
- Assets — View the list of all assets associated with the project.
- Findings — View the list of findings from all project sources.
- Checklist — View and manage the list of tasks that must be followed throughout the course of the project.
- Workspaces — Review, manage, and verify findings.
Using the Project Overview tab
The Project Overview tab is the landing area when opening a project.
|1||Project name||View the name of the project.|
To modify, hover over the name to access the edit icon ( ).
|2||Project tabs||Access other areas of the project.|
|4||Project Overview area||View or modify the business unit, project type, and project dates.|
|4||Ellipse icon||Perform these actions:|
|5||Recent Activity area||View recent project activity, such as assignments and project state changes.|
Use the View All link to jump to the Project Activity tab.
|6||Recent Comments area||View comments recently added by team members.|
|7||Overview area||View assigned users and additional project dates.|
|1||Recent Work tab||View the status of items such as workspaces and checklists.|
|2||Project Details tab||View or modify additional details, such as the description or application information.|
|3||Questionnaires tab||Assign questionnaires or view completed questionnaires.|
|4||Project Activity tab||View all project activity.|
|5||Custom Fields tab||View or modify custom fields.|
|6||Comments tab||View or add project comments.|
|7||Statistics tabs||View finding and instance statistics for the project.|